I have been reading up a lot these days on how to become a successful digital marketer in 2019 (I know we’re almost at the end of the year!). One of the points I found on most of the articles is to start blogging. Simple. Just start blogging. But how?! This brings me to the question – how to become a blogger in 2019, and perhaps in 2020 too!
But before I get started, I would want to emphasize on one crucial point – It is NOT easy, BUT, like everything else, it is NOT impossible either. It all boils down to how much time and efforts you are willing to INVEST in the art of blogging.
Over the last few years, blogging has become an important part of the digital world. Content is, after all, the one true king. And that is exactly why it deserves all the attention and efforts that you can devote!
How Do You Become A Blogger in 2019?
Write Like a BOSS
- Before you even dive into the technicalities of starting a blog, it is essential that you hone your writing skills. Think of it this way, if you wouldn’t want to read your piece yourself, why would anyone else? The content you develop or curate must not only be grammatically exceptional but should also be engaging enough to keep the reader hooked on to your content.
Engage Your Readers
- So, how do you develop engaging content? Believe it or not, how well you engage your audience depends a lot on how well you feel engaged to your own favourite authors! The way you write must represent your exact tone and thought-process in a way that your reader knows exactly what you’re saying and how you’re saying it.
Why do you love your favourite fictional characters? Because you could connect with them on an intellectual level! I know I always WAS Ron Weasley while reading Harry Potter which is why his story, in particular, made the biggest impact on me!
1, 2, 3 – DISCIPLINE!
- Another point to keep in mind while working towards a career in blogging is the importance of discipline. Remember that developing reliable content takes time and patience. Your readers are going to follow your blog only if you give them something worthy of their time. Therefore, following a dedicated routine to plan, analyze, develop, curate, and furnish content is essentially a continuous cycle.
‘I Am The Best’ – Work On It!
- Be open to researching for hours on a topic. If you plan to start a blog in any specific niche, you must know that there are probably thousands already writing on the same topic. So, if your content isn’t better and far-more detailed than what already exists, it is just not good enough. Once you select a topic, work on preparing your content till you don’t find something better existing already on the internet. Your research would revolve around the core topic, the most-searched-for keywords, content suggestions on portals like Ubersuggest, competitor analysis, and a lot more!
Be Patient Henny!
- A little patience goes a long way! If you are just starting in this field then don’t expect to be an overnight success. I have been writing for YEARS, and I am sure I still don’t have a lot of readers other than the people who know me personally! The field of blogging is always evolving, which is why there is always a need to learn and grow. Be open to that ideology, and you will be on your way to success.
Do You Even Create, Bro?
- Being creative with the blog is something that not a lot of people pay attention to. With a thousand-word article, it can get pretty heavy to go on reading non-stop! That’s where your creativity with infographics and image designing comes into play. Keep your blog engaging enough to make the reader not only share the content but also save and share your images! (In case you struggle with creativity like me, there are many free source tools like Giphy, Freepik, and Pexels, among others!)
Too Cool For School, NOT!
- And finally, be open to experimentation and learning. As we start with something new, there is always a massive possibility for mistakes and goof-ups; be prepared for those and don’t get disheartened! No one becomes an expert at ANYTHING without making a few mistakes initially.
Are you ready to get started? I am looking forward to reading your list on how to become a blogger in 2019 or 2020!